Think about those times in your life when you have felt inspired to something really great. Where does that inspiration come from?
The Holy Spirit. God inspires us to do great things with our lives.
----Matthew Kelly

Welcome to The Not So Perfect Catholic!

Disclaimer: I am not a theologian, just a Catholic empty-nester trying to figure it all out. The views on this blog are my own.

LENT: One Week In

We’re one week into Lent. So far, so good! I was so very excited for Ash Wednesday to roll around so I could start journaling in my “On the Way” Journal by Blessed is She. I had it all ready:
On a Facebook group, someone asked how we are using the journal. I don’t think there’s 1 answer for everybody. I’m playing it by ear and doing what feels natural to me. In the front of the journal, there’s a calendar. Around it, I’m writing people’s names whom I have told that I’ll be praying for, or people that I know need prayers. On each day, I’m writing a word that struck me that day, something that happened that day, or something that I did.
 
Then, on each individual daily page, I’m writing down thoughts from the readings. Some are written as prayers, others are just thoughts. They aren’t just from that day’s readings; I may write down a thought from the “One Bread, One Body” book, or the “Year of Mercy” emails that I’m getting.
In other words, I’m making the journal MINE. It’s something on which I’ll be able to look back and (God willing) see growth throughout these 40 days.

Are you journaling this Lent? If so, what are you using? How is it going?

I'm linking up with Laura at Day by Day in Our World and Trish at A House Upon the Rock with 40 Days of Seeking Him. Click on the button below for more information or to see how others are seeking Him this Lent.

2 comments:

  1. I've not heard about journaling for Lent. Nice idea though! I'll have to explore the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I typically journal as a method of prayer. It helps me to be more focused. So glad you are being introduced to it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; however, if your comment contains a link it will be marked as spam and will be deleted!