Think about those times in your life when you have felt inspired to something really great. Where does that inspiration come from?
The Holy Spirit. God inspires us to do great things with our lives.
----Matthew Kelly

Friday, March 4, 2016

{SQT}: Reconciliation, Forgiveness, and Alligator

   seven quick takes friday 2
   Every week SQT is hosted at This Ain't the Lyceum, so jump on over there & check out some quick takes.
      1.        My husband & I had a fantastic weekend last week. We were able to attend a class with one of our sons, meet his friends, and just hang out with him. He is going to school 10 hours from us, so it was nice to confirm that he is doing well and has a nice group of friends.
   2.      Our parish had our Reconciliation Service on Tuesday. I didn’t realize until I was in bed that night that I hadn’t said, “I’m sorry for these and all of my sins of my past life.” Hopefully it still counts, especially since I said a lot more prayers for my penance than was assigned!
   3.      I usually don’t have my parish priest hear my confession; however, one of our priests was at the station where my father wanted to go since he didn’t have to walk so far. I left feeling like I needed to go again. I’m pretty sure you’re not supposed to feel like that after confession. It was just a “different” confession: there was a bit of laughter, and then, of course, see #2.
   4.     “Forgiveness” and “Free Will” seemed to be the word/phrase for the week. As I read the readings for Tuesday about forgiveness, I wondered if you can forgive but still be guarded? That question was answered many times that day. (I believe the answer to that question is “no”, by the way!)
   5.      On Wednesday, this popped out at me:
Isn’t that fitting after Super Tuesday? Not knowing the direction this country is going is super-scary.
   6.     Just in case you’re wondering, you can eat alligator on Fridays.

     7 .      Song of the week.

1 comment:

  1. That "not-so-perfect" thing really applies to me. I don't go to confession. I'm good with my conscience. It's been a long, long time since I confessed to a Priest. I am good going straight to our Lord and Savior. Still some Methodist in me, I guess. Glad to hear you are happy with your son and his school! That did make for a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...